Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Beatrix Potter Featured on Talking Books for Easter


Easter Treat on My Reading Chair:
I have posted "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny" on "My Reading Chair" at:


This site is a great support for kids who need reading support with text and speech. There are all kinds of Reading programs now that are providing books online or on CD for students to follow as they read. How about one for FREE that is putting on classic literature for all ages?

I have started The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Heidi, Beatrix Potter, Mother Goose and some poetry. I have some vistors that go there regularly but not many go there yet. I am using the odiogo speech to take advantage of the text to speech and it works pretty slick. I have been going to Gutenberg.org and downloading public domain text to put there. There are also some great old illustrations to use too.
I would highly recommend referring this to your friends, colleagues and teachers that work with children who could use this support. It's free, updated frequently and gives great text to speech and literature support for kids. I think it has huge potential.
There is a request there for input on what kinds of literature you would like. I am planning on putting some "picture"book type stories and illustrations for smaller kids too. There aren't a lot of public domain books in that category so I might have to write and illustrate my own.


All the best to you!

Lon

No comments: