Saturday, May 31, 2008

Learning Disability Resources in The LD Live! Podcast and Seattle Post-Intelligencer Reader Blog

I was doing some exploring last night on some podcasts on special needs. Melinda Pongrey has a podcast site called LD Live! She announced that she has started a reader blog on The Seattle Post-Intelligencer on Learning Connections. The Newspaper has started a community blog for regions in the community. Folks can start their own "column" so to speak to share about their hobby, interest, industry, etc. Melinda has started one for learning disabilities and has quite a few posts there. She has a podcast interview on advocacy by the Special Needs Advocacy Training Institute, A video presentation on learning diversity, and an interview with my fellow blogger Ira Socol, of the SpeEdChange Blog, who posts comments quite frequently here on my blog. He has had a great impact on what I am currently doing for student access in my region right now (which is moving along quite well, I might add - but that will be another post, another day).
I would highly recommend checking out Melinda's work. She has put a lot of time and energy into her posts, podcasts and interviews.
Thank you Melinda for your efforts. I am glad to discover what you are doing. I intend to start reading and listening more frequently.
All the best to you!
Lon

No comments: