Monday, December 1, 2008

Don Johnston, Wednesday on Talk Radio, and Finding a Foothold: Opening Discussion on FCTD

Don Johnston on his book "Building Wings", will share with us on No Limits 2 Learning Live - Blog Talk Radio, Wednesday, December 3, 2:00 PM Pacific.
ALSO...
I have started a kick-off topic for December at The Family Center on Technology and Disability.
Finding a foothold, to me, means setting up a piece of data, a test, a legal mandate that applies to the situation, or any other anchor than can initiate a positive push towards FAPE for a child in the school setting. You have to have something tangible that starts off an exploration of services for a child - with credibility.
I share on the discussion thread a situation where there is a breakdown of advocacy on part of the family and communication and accountability for mandates on the part of the school in another state. We are discussing teams, advocacy, school/parent partenrships, etc.
You can read my topic and opening statement and jump into the conversation - or just read what folks share. Come join us this month!
Go to: http://www.fctd.info/webboard/index.php

I will be continuing my gift idea list in the weeks ahead so please send ideas to me via email if you have any...
All the best to you!
Lon

Digg!

Bookmark this on Delicious

No comments: