Monday, February 25, 2008

My Reading Chair Blog Has Talking Books for Kids








My Reading Chair
http://myreadingchair.blogspot.com/

I have been thinking about a way to utilize the odiogo text to speech tool for reading. Yesterday I thought, "Why not put public domain and personal writing for kids with illustrations on a blog and use odiogo to read the text?" So I built a new blog and put a nursery rhyme on it. I will set up categories for different reading levels here. I would like to build an archive so there will be lots of reading material for kids down the road.
How I would recommend using this blog:

  • Pick a readability level for your child.
  • Have the child work on sounding out words and trying the passage.
  • Click on the Odiogo button to have it read to the child.
  • Subscribe to the RSS feed at the bottom (the Atom link) and receive daily texts to read in your google webpage or Outlook feeds folder.

I hope this will be another resource to not only provide some reading support for kids with disabilities and remedial issues, but also fun for parents to use as a resource for safe content for kids.


All the Best to You!


Lon

2 comments:

Thushara said...

What an interesting way to get people interested in reading! Book trailers are like movie trailers, but for books! You can find them all over the internet now, but here is a site that's featuring them on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/booktrailers

Thushara said...

Wow! This is interesting.
...........
Thusha
Social Media Marketing