Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Virtual Screen Magnifier...Free!

Virtual Magnifying Glass 3.3.1
I have used this great little, but powerful program a lot. I like to refer to it from time to time with students who need to look at small detail on maps and drawings when there is no zoom feature. I think I have shared before that I have seen it used in conferences, where the speaker was using a data projector in front of a room and clicked open the magnifier to show links and web text that was too small for everyone around the room to read.

There are fancy high-tech programs that do this for quite a piece of change - but for free, I think you'll find some great features:


  • Re-sizable window

  • Adjustable magnification power settings

  • Draggable window.

The link is in the title at the top, but here it is here too: http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/#download

Check it out and let me know what you think.


All the best to you!



No comments: