Monday, March 17, 2008

Stickies Makes a Great Free Organizational Tool


Stickies: Free desktop notes program

I wanted to refer a district to a software app that they could use for a high school student that needs a lot of prompts and reminders. They are looking at a laptop with some organizational supports and I thought an on-screen sticky note would be a good way to do it. The student is needing something simple and easy not too confusing.


As I looked over free programs, this one had a lot of great reviews and comments so I am checking it out. The designer says that it will never have animated dancing figures or play "Greensleeves". I like that!


Check out these comments:



  • We are delighted to tell you we are using your program and think it is fab for internal work. It is saving us so much time and is so versatile. (Valerie Lawrence)

  • I've just downloaded Stickies, and wanted to let you know that I'm delighted! After wading through numerous other post-it note style programs, to-do list aps and other similar utilities, it is such a pleasure to find Stickies! It it so simple yet powerful, has useful features rather than gimmicks, and, of course, it's wonderfully free! (Andy Nix)

  • Stickies must be the most efficient, simple, small, compact, fast, useful program I have EVER installed :) (Martin Cleaver)

  • Downloaded your excellent program the other day. It's great to find something so elegant and effective in this monolithic software era. (Andrew Fung)

  • Your sticky program is the best. I tried a lot of other ones but your one is the best; sweet, simple and free! (George Barnes)

  • Your compact and highly impressive freeware has finally made my life so much easier. (Sonal Patel)

  • It's so rare to come across a piece of software in the Windows world that's well written and functional throughout that's freeware. This is a professional piece of software that really works well. (Steve Chen)

  • I have tested nearly 20 of these sticky note programs, but yours seems to be the best of all for my purposes. Thank you for the great work you have done! (Steffen Neumann)

  • I don’t think I’ve ever used free software with such a high degree of professionalism and breadth of functionality, so I just wanted to say "Thank you" for this great product (Sue Miller)

  • Stickies is beautifully implemented, well-documented and, astonishingly, it's free. We think you'll love it. (PC Advisor, August 2003)

  • I thought I would never begin to use desktop yellow notes until I found Stickies! (Jari Lehtonen)

  • ... I make regular use of a program called Stickies, which puts electronic Post-Its on my screen.(Lee Dembart, International Herald Tribune)

  • Stickies is the only software that I ever wanted to marry. (Peter Oliphant)


Sounds pretty good to me. Check it out and let me know what you think...really!

Link: Stickies

All the best to you!



Lon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've only been using Stickies for a few weeks, but have found it very handy, if not only for the alarm function.