Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Favorite Things: AT Christmas Gifts and AT Blog Carnival Holiday Edition Coming Soon



I don't know about you, but I don't usually see "Top Ten Christmas Gifts for the Special Needs and Disabled on Your List This Year". Christmas is approaching and I am planning a series on low to mid-priced ideas for an AT Christmas. I thought what better way to open up some ideas to special needs families than to share some great tools and educational software, so be watching for these reviews. I plan to do them early so folks have time to read and consider before they shop. Maybe I'll follow "The 12 Days of Christmas" theme for it. If so, I am going to have to get busy! If you have any ideas or suggestions for me to review email me at lonthornburg@nolimits2learning.com

In that same vein, I thought it might be nice to have the AT Blog Carnival come out before Christmas this year rather than at the end of December, so I am announcing a topic and submission date below:

Now Taking Submissions for a Christmas Edition of Assistive Technology Blog Carnival: My Favorite Things. Share your favorite things you would like to have in AT or something you have already that you use and couldn't live without. We always love to hear what people use and love so share with us. Also, submissions on AT in general or in other areas is OK - so send in what you have to share over the next few weeks.
Deadline for submissions: Friday, December 12. Post date: Monday, December 15.
Send submissions to: lonthornburg@nolimits2learning.com
Check out the Assistive Technology Blog Carnival for more details.

All the best to you!
Lon


Digg!

Bookmark this on Delicious

2 comments:

irasocol said...

I'll send stuff in. One post on this down (very cheap stuff), at least one to go (under $100?), maybe a "big family gift" list as well. It's a great idea. This is probably not a Christmas for wasting money on "stuff," but its a great Christmas for building opportunity.

Ira Socol

Lon said...

Thanks Ira. Your input will be invaluable. Can't wait to see what you come up with!