Wednesday, January 9, 2008




Hi All,

I got this email today and I thought I would pass it along. I know that Gayle Bowser and Penny Reed have been going down to New Orleans to help their schools in setting up new AT programs after the Katrina disaster. There are some exciting stories coming from there. I hope I can get a podcast posted in the future on what is happening there and interview some folks. I have a talk radio account set up and hope to start some weekly shows in February. Stay tuned...

Here is the email that came today from RJ Cooper. I have attended several of Caroline's workshops. She is a high energy and enthusiatice person!

"A very credible, active, and visible colleague in our field of AT, Dr. Caroline Musselwhite, along with USSAAC (US Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication), is undertaking fundraising efforts and a conference, ("All That Jazz" in New Orleans, Louisiana, Feb. 21-23) to help people that have....well, I'll let Caroline say it:

"All of these activities support USSAAC's effort to rebuild capacity in areas devastated by the hurricanes and support individuals who can benefit from AAC, their families, the folks who are now struggling to serve them, and the infrastructures that need to be in place along the Gulf. "

Please click below to go to the site, consider donating and/or attending, what looks to be, a great AT/AAC event!"

http://www.ussaac.org/allthatjazz.html















Go to the link below to see these great posters:
http://www.elleone.com/projectsByGroup.aspx

No comments: